Sweet Potato, Fried Banana, Toasted Pecan Breakfast
- 1 medium to large sweet potato (per 2 people)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup organic raw pecans, course chopped
- Cook your sweet potato by boiling, roasting, or steaming. (Steaming is the most energy efficient and thus chronic illness friendly way). Once finished, cut your potato in half or into bite size pieces (if making for children).
- Coat your pan with the coconut oil over medium to high heat and when warmed, add your sweet potato cut side down. If the potato is room temperature before you do this, you’ll get a crisp outer layer. Do not flip and fuss over it. Just let it sit and sizzle in the pan for 3-4 minutes.
- After 3-4 minutes, turn the heat down to medium and add your banana cut side down. Add more spray or oil if needed. Get creative. If you’re making this dish for kids, you can cut the banana into circles and fry them one piece at a time. As the banana is frying, add your coarsely chopped nuts to a small toasting pan over low heat. Keep a close eye on them; shift them constantly to avoid burning.
- Once done, add the sweet potato and banana to a bowl and garnish with chopped nuts.